FAQ - How to Get Passport and Visa Fast Online

Wondering how to get an expedited passport and visa fast online or any other question? Click on a question to see the answer!

How Fastport Passport Works
Follow our 3 simple, fast, and easy steps to secure an expedited passport!
How we secure an expedited passport. We process your passport based on the type of passport service you have selected and the speed in which you need your passport. You will be directed to complete an instructional checklist once your order is completed. The instructional checklist has the required forms and documentation required to expedite your passport application with the U.S. Department of State. If you have any questions, please give us a call or live-chat with our specialists now.
Choose the passport service that best suits you. If you need some help deciding on what passport to choose, you can find more information about each passport service in Our Services page.
This following page will begin the passport process for you to complete all required forms and documents. The instructions go through every detail needed so we can process your passport at the passport agency without delaying the issuance of the passport. If you would like more information before you place your order you can view the instructional checklist
You’re all set… This page will give you confirmation that your passport order has been received and will provide you a case number for your records. The case number will be important if you wish to talk to your passport specialist at anytime during the whole process. The case number will also give you information on your tracking number of a shipped passport.
What is an Acceptance Agent?
Acceptance agents are a lot like notaries. They are authorized by the government to witness the signing of the necessary documentation to process your passport. Acceptance agents can be found at many post offices. To find an acceptance agent near you, click here: http://iafdb.travel.state.gov
How does your service work?
Our clients begin the process on-line, by signing up to use our services. You will receive a detailed checklist of all the necessary documents required to get a passport fast. See our updated Instructional Video
I am not sure if I can figure out the online forms I need. Can you help me?
We will be more than happy to complete the application for you over the phone and email them to you to print out for your signature. We are a full service agency and truly understand the complexity of some parts of the process. We are always here for you, 24/7. Just call us at 877-910-7277.
Do I need a U.S. passport to travel?
You will need a passport to travel every time you leave or enter the USA. The only exception is when you are traveling by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda - for this you can use a passport card.
Why are you able to obtain a passport and visa so quickly?
We are registered with the U.S. Department of State, this allows us to have a certain time slot everyday to hand deliver our applications. We hand carry all passports and visas to the official Passport offices and then pick them up when ready. Over the years we have built relationships with Embassies and Consulates to expedite the travel visa process.
How do I know you are not scamming me?
Fastport Passport is a registered courier service with the U.S. Department of State to expedite passport and visa processing. We are issued expediting slots that allows us to walk in to the official passport agency on a daily basis and have passports and visas processed in a single business day.
Is your website secure?
Fastport Passport uses the highest level of security protocols with the GeoTrust SSL certificate to securely transmit your order information with a 248-bit encryption, which is the highest level of encryption in the industry. Fastport Passport also uses McAfee which checks the website daily for any vulnerability.
Is there a guarantee in your processing time?
The only thing we can guarantee is that we will process your application correctly. We are not responsible for delays caused by couriers such as fed ex and we are not responsible for delays caused by the passport agency. The Passport Agency has many rules and regulations and from time to time will require extra information from our clients. We will help you through that process if necessary and we will not leave you alone to handle it yourself.
Why do you charge a fee?
We charge our fee because we are authorized by the US Department of State to be able to walk in to their office on a daily basis and get you applications processed the same day. Routine processing takes 4-6 weeks if you were to go directly through the post office or government. We handle the process entirely and will have your passport and/or visa back to you in hours rather than weeks with the traditional route.
What is a Passport Card?
A passport card is a wallet-size travel plastic document that can be used to travel by land or sea between the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The passport card cannot be used for air travel.
Can someone actually get a second passport and why?
Some frequent travelers will request a second passport if they need to submit their passport for a visa, but also have travel plans pending. Often, these travelers may request a second passport in order to travel while their visa is getting processed for another trip. A second reason to have a second duplicate passport is for travelers who travel to regions where nations are at war or in conflict, and any evidence of travel to the conflicting nation will bar you from entry. If approved, a second passport is usually good for one to two years.
Why do new passport applications have to be sealed by an Acceptance Agent?
This ensures that the documents were not tampered with before they get to the passport agency. For national security purposes, this step is required.
What is a Fastport Passport Letter of Authorization?
This is a document that allows us to submit your passport application on your behalf.
What are some reasons that I might not be able to get a Passport?
Your passport application may be denied if: you are on probation, owe more than twenty five hundred dollars in child support, have an arrest warrant out, currently summoned to appear in court, or you are currently in jail.
I need to get a Passport for a child and i am their legal guardian, what kind of paperwork will i need to present?
You will need both parents to fill out the Statement of Consent Form and have it notarized. This gives permission to another adult to sign the application for a passport. The parents or legal guardians should write a letter explaining why they cannot be there to sign the application in person.
What if I have sole custody of my child?
You must be able to prove it with original court documents or in some cases death certificates of the deceased parent.
I don't have an official copy of a US Birth Certificate, do I need one?
Yes, you will need an official copy of your birth certificate (with the raised state seal) in order to process your passport. Your local state office should have your birth certificate on file. Otherwise, the National Center for Health Center Statistics may be able to help in locating your birth certificate http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom.htm
How many years is my passport valid?
Your passport is valid for 10 years, if you were at least 16 when it was issued; otherwise it is only valid for 5 years. Note: You can usually find the necessary passport documents and take your passport photos at an acceptance agent location.
My passport was lost or stolen. How do I get a new one?
We can help you get a new passport. Just send us a completed application, required documents, and a fee and we will send you a new passport, along with any original documentation you have sent us. Click here for instructions.
What do I do if my passport is lost, stolen, or mutilated?
You will have to fill out a DS-64, indicating that your passport was lost, stolen or mutilated. Be sure to bring new passport photos and official copy of your birth certificate to the acceptance agent. Note: Many acceptance agents have the capacity to take a passport photo.
Do I need a passport to travel to Canada or Mexico?
As of December 31, 2006 the U.S. State Department will require every U.S. citizen to possess a valid passport to travel by air or sea to Mexico and Canada. As of December 31, 2007 those crossing the borders by land will also need to have a passport. Birth certificates and a form of identification will no longer be allowed. Note: Because of the recent tightened security, Fastport Passport recommends possessing a passport (especially when traveling by air or sea).
How are passport photos different from regular photos?
There are many requirements when taking a passport photo. You should not risk having your passport processing be delayed because of your passport photo. It is best to have an official photo taken. Many post offices can provide this service for you.
How old must you be to have a passport?
All U.S. citizens (including infants) must have their own valid passport when traveling internationally. Parents may sign for a child who is too young to sign their own name by signing their name and their relationship to the child. Only a mother, father or legal guardian can fill out, sign and submit passport documentation for children under 15. Remember that the child must be present at the passport acceptance agent location with current ID.
What is passport authorization note?
A signed passport authorization allows Fastport Passport to represent you at the Passport Agency and process your passport documents.
If my name has changed, do I need a new passport?
Yes, your current name must appear on your passport in order to travel internationally. You must fill out the Passport Amendment Application (Form DS-82). Be sure to have an official copy of your marriage or divorce license with you. If you can not find an official copy, click here: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom.htm
Where are visas processed?
Visas are processed and issued by Embassies and Consulates. Fastport Passport will submit the necessary documentation on your behalf to the appropriate Consulate or Embassy. Please call our office for specific information on processing your visa documentation.
Do I need to send my physical passport when I apply for a visa?
Yes, in most cases your visa is stamped directly into your passport in the visa section of your passport. You will need a full page for the visa stamp. If you do not have available space in your passport, you will need to have additional pages added by the Passport Agency. This could lengthen the time it takes to obtain a visa.