International Driving Permit Instructions
International Driving Permit Instructional Checklist
The International Driving Permit (also called the IDP) is a translation of your current valid driver's license and is used for driving overseas. The IDP is recognized by over 150 countries. Routine processing for the International Driving Permit may take a few weeks, but we offer an expedited international driving permit in 2-3 days or less. (Note: This permit is only for U.S. Drivers License Holders)
NOTE: Processing is usually 1-2 business days.
Any Questions? Please Call Us: 877-910-7277
- Complete the International Drivers Permit application. Click Here for Application
- Submit one passport-type photo. The photo must have a white background and follow the passport photo requirements or the application will be denied.
We highly recommend using the Passport Photo Creator mobile app. Download this app for free on your iOS or Android device. This easy-to-use app lets you take your own photo and will verify if your photo is compliant with the passport photo requirements set by the U.S. Department of State Passport Agency. Once you are satisfied with your passport photo, you can print to any of the 8000 Walgreens locations near you in less than one hour. You will only pay for the photo when you pick it up at your local Walgreens ($13.99).
The Passport Photo Creator mobile app will help you take a perfect passport photo. Utilizing biometric facial recognition software, your passport photo will show real-time compliance checks to ensure your passport photo will be accepted.
- Submit a color photocopy of your driver’s license (front and back).
- Send Us Your Documents for Expedited Processing
Save Time & Money! You can email us ALL the documents, including your photo. Scan or take a photo of your documents with your phone and email us the documents and photo. Avoid shipping delays and save the cost of inbound shipping!
- Send us your documents. Our processing times are based on when we get the documents from you. We recommend applicants email us the documents for the fastest processing option.
- Send the scanned documents via email: [email protected]
- We will email you back within 24 hours if there are any issues with your documents.
- Your return shipping address: We cannot ship your IDP to a PO Box or APO Address. If you need to change your shipping address, please email us immediately: [email protected]
- NOTE: Please check the email address or copy/paste the email address when you send us the documents. If you do not hear back from us within 48 hours, please call us or verify you sent your documents to [email protected]
- Can't email us the documents? We also accept physical documents, but please note this may delay your processing time as we must wait for your documents to arrive. If there are any issues, we will contact you but email is the preferred method to ensure the quickest processing time.
Ship all documents to:
Attention: IDP Dept
1318 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11230
The fees are all paid when you place your order here:
Order International Driving Permit
Service Fee: $50
IDP Permit Fee: $20
FedEx Overnight Return Shipping (Domestic): $30
*Return International Shipping may require an additional fee based on destination.